The 2019 everywoman in Transport & Logistics Awards programme is now open for entries with organisers inviting nominations from across the industry, from aviation and shipping to road and rail. The awards are free to enter until 11 February.
Over the 11 years the programme has been running, everywoman has showcased the breadth of opportunities within the industry along with the career journeys of those who have made an impact through their work. During this time significant progress has been made to create a more diverse workforce with more women than ever taking on senior management roles. Yet with women making up less than 20% of the transport and logistics workforce there continues to be a focus on career opportunity and awareness.
The awards will recognise two winners per category; one successful industry ‘Leader’ and one individual at any stage in their career who is going ‘Above and Beyond’ for the business they work for. The Industry Champion Award will recognise a woman who is championing the progress of women in the industry whilst the Male Agent of Change Award will recognise a man with an active commitment to advancing the progress of women. For the first time in 2019, a rising star will be awarded the brand new Apprentice of the Year Award.
Maxine Benson MBE, Co-founder of everywoman, comments, “Each year our awards play a vital role in changing the perception of the transport and logistics industry. With each success story shared by our nominees, more women are inspired to explore the variety of fulfilling careers in this ever-evolving industry. This year, we are highlighting the role that technology plays in creating even more opportunities in the industry and how this identifies the need for many different skills. And because we know that businesses with a more gender diverse workforce are 46% more likely to outperform those without, it is imperative that more women enter the industry.”
The 2019 awards categories are as follows:
- The Freight Award - This will be awarded to two women who are innovating and excelling in their role within freight (not including passenger transport).
- The Customer / Passenger Award - This will be awarded to two women who are excelling in their role for customers / passengers in transport, logistics and freight.
- The Infrastructure Award – sponsored by Amazon - This will be awarded to two women who are innovating or excelling in their role within transportation and infrastructure.
- The Supply Chain Award - This will be awarded to two women who are innovating and excelling in their role within the supply chain environment.
- The Warehousing Award – This will be awarded to two women who are excelling in their role within a warehousing environment.
- Industry Champion Award – sponsored by Asda – This Award recognises a woman who is championing the progress of women working in transport and logistics.
- Male Agent of Change – This will be awarded to a man for his active commitment to advancing the progress of women working in transport and logistics.
- *New for 2019* Apprentice of the Year - sponsored by Amey - This will be awarded to any male or female apprentice excelling in transport and logistics.
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in London in June 2019. For further information, please visit www.everywoman.com/tlawards
Photo: 2018 everywoman in Transport & Logistics Awards Ceremony