Sean Bradley, Managing Director of Freightworks, has provided an update on business in Dubai.
Sean Bradley, Managing Director of Dubai Express LLC - trading as Freightworks, a 100% subsidiary of The Emirates Group - has provided an update on business in Dubai.
I would like to confirm that the airline is now departing to and from 9 destinations, the service is underway.
Safety surrounding travel around the virus pandemic has taken priority for all services:
- Meals are safety packed;
- Passengers go through checks prior to boarding;
As a fully owned subsidiary of the group, Freightworks relocations operations are functioning as normal
Retail outlets are opening, social distancing rules must be observed, 50% of staff are now allowed back to work and masks are compulsory as soon as you leave home.
Travel restrictions are still in place from 11pm-6am.
From Wednesday, May 27, Dubai is all set to reopen most business activities that had been closed as a precautionary measure against the spread of Covid-19.
A stringent hygiene protocol has been spelt out as the Emirate reopens leisure venues like cinemas and recreational venues like Dubai Dolphinarium, among others.
List of what reopens from 27 May:
* Cinema halls with social distancing and round-the-clock sterilisation enforced.
* Leisure and recreational destinations, like The Dubai Mall Ice Rink and Dubai Dolphinarium.
* Sports academies, indoor gyms, fitness and health clubs.
* Retail shops and wholesale stores.
* Airport - to be operational for the return of UAE residents and for transit travellers to other destinations.
* Clinics, including ENT, to reopen; scope of services to include surgeries that take two-and-a-half hours or less.
* Academic and coaching institutes, children's training and therapy centres.
Rules that must be followed
* Children under 12, people over 60 and those with chronic diseases are not allowed to enter shopping centres, cinemas, gyms, etc.
* All businesses authorised to operate should abide by the new sterilisation timings (11pm to 6am).
* Everyone should wear a mask at all times.
* Everyone should always maintain a two-metre social distance.
* All passengers arriving in the country should adhere to a 14-day quarantine.
* Sterilisation must continuously be carried out and only single-use utensils are allowed.
Fines to be imposed if rules are broken.
Thank you and happy to respond to any questions
Sean Bradley | Managing Director | Dubai Express LLC (trading as Freightworks) | PO Box 5514, Dubai, United Arab Emirates | Office: +971 4 204 4405 | Mobile: +971 50 454 7973 | www.freightworks.com |