to main page send e-mail Last Updated:  Monday, June 1, 2020

The independent voice of the global moving industry


Better fuel consumption claims gearbox manufacturer

Mar 23, 2018

US gearbox manufacturer Allison Transmissions claims that fleet operators can reduce fuel consumption by 17% by switching trucks to clean energy sources rather than diesel, and by using fully automatic Allison transmissions. The company says that the best results are obtained with vehicles running on natural gas operating on low speed routes in cities.

In Spain, the Transnugon transportation company has acquired seven trucks in Madrid and two more trucks in Valencia which are Allison-equipped and powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG). The company reports significant improvements in fuel economy, driving responsiveness, and reliability.

Transnugon’s Managing Director, Pablo Bordils, said: “We can confirm that the Allison gearbox affords very significant fuel savings on low-speed routes with frequent stops, which are typical of urban and interurban transport. If we add this 7% saving to the 10% reduction in fuel consumption associated with the use of LNG, we are talking about a total reduction of 17% compared to diesel vehicles with a standard automatic gearbox.”

ISS Relocations: UAE, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait and India
     Click here to send us your stories
     20,615 page views April 2020
     List of advertisers
     Directory of suppliers
Sofrapack - specialist in green custom packaging solutions
  Maxi Mover - low floor Luton van sales
Cookies: This site uses non-invasive cookies to provide an enhanced visitor experience and to measure site performance.  By viewing this website you are agreeing to our use of cookies in this manner.  For further information on how cookies are used on this site, please see our privacy policy.
Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use  All material © 2011 The Words Workshop Ltd.