The American Roll-On Roll-Off Carrier Group, Inc (ARC) has announced the company has been selected for a new multiyear award contract by the United States Transportation Command (TRANSCOM) to provide global relocation services for the Department of Defense (DoD) and US Coast Guard.
ARC will lead a full-service, worldwide relocation effort with a team of subcontracting partners focussed on improving the quality of service provided to Service Members, their families, and Department of Defense civilians under the Global Household Goods Contract (GHC) (HTC711-19-RR004). GHC is valued at $7.2B for the transition period and three-year base period.
“Moving not only can cause significant stress for an individual, but can also challenge the mettle of an entire family,” ARC CEO Eric Ebeling said. “This is especially true for our nation’s Service Members, who are routinely challenged to relocate every two or three years. Team ARC brings superior quality, deep experience, increased capacity, and enhancements for the customer experience. We have been looking forward to this announcement and cannot wait to get started.”
Under GHC, a single commercial move manager was appointed to oversee activities that relate to the domestic and international movement and storage-in-transit of household goods. ARC will provide all personnel, equipment, facilities, tools, materials, supervision, and other items and services necessary to provide global Household Goods (HHG) relocation services. GHC includes an initial nine-month transition period that, assuming no delays due to protests, will commence in May 2020, and the contract may run for over nine years, if all options and awards are exercised by the government.
Team ARC was purposefully and strategically assembled from leaders in the moving, logistics, and technology industries to reduce the burden and stress on Service Members and their families. Team ARC’s component partners have served TRANSCOM since its inception, and Service Members and the military for more than 75 years. To address challenges that TRANSCOM and Service Members have experienced in HHG relocations, Team ARC committed to three programme-specific priorities: Take Care of the Troops, Execute on GHC Intent, and Deliver on TRANSCOM’s Mission and Priorities.
The simple phrase - Take Care of the Troops - is one of TRANSCOM’s five priorities and the ‘North Star’ that guided Team ARC’s endeavours. The major subcontracting partners in Team ARC include the following entities:
- UniGroup is the parent of United Van Lines, the largest moving company in North America, and Mayflower Transit, the fourth largest moving company in North America.
- Atlas World Group, the parent of Atlas Van Lines, founded in 1948, is the second largest moving company brand within the United States.
- Suddath is a 100-year old logistics (local and global), corporate and residential, relocation company and is currently the single largest domestic and international US government and military HHG supplier.
- The Pasha Group is a family-owned, diversified global logistics and transportation company serving military customers since 1947 and the Defense Personal Property Program since 1980.
- Deloitte, the world’s largest professional services firm, brings fifty years of experience supporting DoD, government agencies, and Fortune 500 commercial entities on complex strategy, IT, design, engineering, and cybersecurity needs.
For information about Team ARC, go to www.homefrontSolutions.com, or e-mail homefront@ARCshipping.com.